This recipe for baked green bean fries involves 2 simple steps and 20 minutes total. It's perfect for a quick, midday snack or dinner side. These are seriously addicting!
It's snacktime! Crunchy, easy, healthy, salty snacktime! We're making oven baked green bean fries today and they are gonna blow your mind. At least, I assume they will because I'm still snacking on them as we speak and I can't quit.
And that's perfect acceptable because these green bean "fries" are not fried and they are low carb. So, eat the whole pan if you feel like it. Nobody's judging you. 💃💃
In the spirit of this easy recipe, I'm keeping today's post short, sweet, and simple. Which gives you more time to hurry out to the store, buy some green beans, and bake said green bean fries. Here's how it goes –
Step 1 – Whisk eggs and mix dry ingredients.
Step 2 – Dunk green beans in the eggs and toss them in the "breading."
Step 3 – Bake for 15 minutes.
Step 4 – Devour the entire pan shamelessly.
Got it? Good. Now, let's snack!
Crispy Baked Green Bean Fries
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 oz. 1x
This recipe for baked green bean fries involves 2 simple steps and 20 minutes total. It's perfect for a quick, go-to snack or dinner side.
- 12 oz. fresh green beans, washed and dried (completely dry!)
- 1 cup gluten free panko
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2-3 eggs (depending on the size)
Spicy Mayo Dip
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- 1 Tablespoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. Depending on the size of your eggs, you'll need 2 or 3.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. (Panko, almond flour, salt, pepper, and paprika.)
- Dip the green beans in the egg wash and then transfer them to the "breading." Coat lightly and evenly. Then transfer to the baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 425º.
- We prefer to set a baking rack on top of a baking sheet and bake the green beans on the rack for even browning.
- However, if you don't have a baking rack, they still bake just fine on a parchment lined baking sheet. Just gently turn the green beans about halfway through the baking time.
- Whisk together the vegan mayo, sriracha, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Dip away!
*You will probably have some excess breading after all of the green beans are battered.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Snack
- Serving Size: 8-10 fries
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 2.2 g
- Sodium: 178.4 mg
- Fat: 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.9 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.2 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 5.6 g
- Cholesterol: 5 mg
Yuuum! These are one of my favorite apps to get from a restaurant, and I love that you've found a way to do them at home, make them healthier AND even better than the restaurant version!
I wonder if a flax egg or aquafaba would work to replace the eggs to make it vegan?
Hi Mary! You could certainly try those methods. I'm planning to test with aquafaba in the near future. It's worth a shot!
Yummmm!!!! These sound lovely!
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!