This isn’t the first mention of my love affair with soup. I’ve made it abundantly clear that I could eat it morning, noon, or night. Maybe it’s because soup is a recent discovery for me – I never used to be a fan of ANY kind of soup aside from my mom’s Chicken Noodle.
Or maybe it’s because it’s winter and this obsession will fade away when summer rolls around. Unlikely. I don’t see that happening anytime in the near future because soup just keeps giving me reasons to love it. Exhibit A – this stuff right here.
This is 100% Clark’s brainchild. I said “soup” and he said “boom.” It’s delicious down to the last noisy, desperate, bowl-scraping spoonful.
I love the soft carrot bits and tasty bok choy slivers that soak up the flavor of the soup. It has just the slightest hint of heat that builds up as you make your way through the bowl. The soba noodles are so much lighter than starchy white flour noodles – just buckwheat and a hefty serving of nutrients. This was our first time trying them and I am definitely a fan.
No gluten, low calorie, and high in amino acids and protein. It’s a power meal in noodle form.
I’m going to be honest with you. I am guilty of eating canned soup and I don’t feel bad about it. But a big batch of this could change everything. I’m thinking make a pot on Sunday and enjoy it all week long.
If you’re not on the soup bandwagon with me yet, I suggest you climb on board right now. You don’t want to miss out on this. And at +/- 50 calories per bowl, you’d have to be crazy to pass this up.
Healthy Asian Soba Noodle Soup
Easy, low-calorie soup with Asian flavor and a hint of spice. Lots of delicious veggies and gluten-free soba noodles.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Soup
- 6 oz. soba noodles
- 1 medium onion [chopped]
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 24 oz. vegetable broth
- 3 baby bok choy [separated, washed, and cut in half long ways)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons tamari sauce
- 2 medium carrots [thin sliced]
- 4 cloves of garlic [chopped]
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- In a medium pot, bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and soba noodles. Boil for 5-7 minutes. Drain noodles and set aside.
- In a large pot, sauté onions and garlic in oil.
- Add broth, tamari, carrots, bok choy, noodles, and seasonings to pot with onions and garlic.
- Bring the pot to a boil, then cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!