This herbed cauliflower quinoa meatball recipe is a protein-packed vegetarian alternative. It combines riced cauliflower and quinoa with garlic and herbs for a savory, tender meatball that's perfect with pasta or veggie noodles!
Meatballs! Without meat. With cauliflower and quinoa instead! Wait, what? Are they still considered meatballs? I don't know. And I don't really care, either. Because they're GOOD and that's all that matters.
If these aren't technically meatballs, then let's talk about what they ARE:
- Incredibly tasty over veggie noodles such as spiralized zucchini
- Also yummy on top of regular pasta noodles
- Hearty and filling
- Easy to assemble and cook
- FIVE simple ingredients (plus a couple basic seasonings)
- Ideal for meal prep
- Can be made ahead of time and heated up in the sauce of your choosing for 10-minute dinner situations
- Delicious with red sauce, alfredo, white wine sauce, or pesto
See? The possibilities are endless. These vegetarian meatballs are the little engine that could. I'm especially loving them with zucchini noodles and my favorite spicy red pasta sauce (I'm digging DeLallo's spicy arrabbiata right now, because I caught it on sale obviously). I love that I'm getting a serving of plant-based goodness and I feel SO full afterwards.
Something else that I feel must be mentioned. I have been known to grab a few of these directly out of the fridge and dip them in aforementioned spicy pasta sauce. Is that weird? Maybe. Oh well. 🙆 No shame in my game.
These vegetarian herbed cauliflower quinoa meatballs are another recipe option that keeps those 2021 healthy eating goals on track WITHOUT being boring or leaving us hungry. There's plenty of protein, plenty of fiber, and plenty of flavor. No meat necessary. 💁 Sauce 'em up. Serve, and enjoy!Print