This maple balsamic brussels sprouts and potatoes recipe is oven roasted side dish perfection. The brussels and potatoes are tossed in a mixture of maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, stoneground mustard, and olive oil.
Easy side dish alert! Featuring my very favorite vegetable – brussels sprouts – and another favorite food – potatoes. Maple balsamic brussels sprouts and potatoes. Sounds AMAZING, right?
After polling you guys on Instagram late in December, I realized you wanted 2 things in 2018: more meal prep recipes and more side dish recipes like this one.
This recipe checks both of those boxes plus:
- It's an ideal side dish for regular weeknight dinners, special occasions, and holidays
- It's great for adding to meal prep with quinoa or rice and your favorite protein
- The balsamic, maple syrup, and mustard combo is HEAVENLY on brussels sprouts and potatoes
- It's oven roasted, which means you hardly have to pay any attention to it while it's cooking
I'm especially loving oven roasted dishes like this lately because they warm up our kitchen, which means a warmer house overall because it's a snug little place. And warm is good because winter has finally arrived in Colorado Springs. Or at least it's arrived temporarily?
IDK. It was 65 on Sunday and it snowed on Monday. It's 5 degrees currently so we might as well be living in Antarctica. PS – I'm just being dramatic because we've been spoiled with an blissfully mild winter here this year so far.
Wherever you are, I hope you're staying warm and eating good food. 😘 When you make this recipe (or any other recipe from the blog) share it and tag us on Instagram!Print
Maple Balsamic Brussels Sprouts and Potatoes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6-8 as a side 1x
This honey balsamic brussels sprouts and potatoes recipe is oven roasted side dish perfection. The brussels and potatoes are tossed in a mixture of maple, balsamic vinegar, stoneground mustard, and olive oil.
- 4 cups brussels sprouts, halved
- 4 cups potatoes, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons stoneground mustard
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Prepare sprouts and potatoes. Chop the stem off the brussels sprouts and remove outer leaves. Chop in half and rinse thoroughly. Set aside to dry. Chop potatoes to the same size as brussels sprout halves.
- Preheat oven to 375º and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Spread brussels sprouts on one sheet and potatoes on the other.
- Whisk together balsamic, mustard, olive oil, maple syrup, herbs, pepper, and salt. Pour half over the brussels sprouts and half over the potatoes. Mix them up to coat evenly.
- Place the potatoes in the oven and bake 10 minutes. After 10 minutes have passed, add brussels sprouts and cook 30-40 minutes until everything is tender.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
I agree that these brussels sprouts and potatoes are perfect for weeknight dinners and holiday as well! They look so easy and flavorful with all the spices and herbs you used. Can't wait to try them!
Love this side dish. So perfect for Easter or just as a side dish for any time. Love it.
Ashley @ Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen
I am ALL about coarse grain mustard in roasted veggie recipes like this. Brussels sprouts are a favorite in my family - love how you've paired them with a mix of fresh herbs here!
That sounds like a wonderful combination! We've been eating Brussels Sprouts quite a lot, lately - we can get good ones even in mid-winter - and a little variety would do us good!
This looks really good and I love every single ingredient in this recipe, especially the mustard and rosemary! I think brussels sprouts are so under used today...they taste amazing!
Marisa Franca @ All Our Way
What a great dish to have any time of year. I love the selection of herbs you've mixed in plus the touch of honey and the drizzle of acid in the balsamic vinegar. This pretty much a hands-free recipe once you stick it in the oven. Really like the ease of it.
Your recipe is so amazing,plus pictures are awesome!I will keep this on my list!
Katie Crenshaw | A Fork's Tale
Oh wow! I have never roasted brussels sprouts and potatoes together! Brilliant. I also love the addition of the mustard and honey. I can't wait to make this.
Oooh, love the combination of the brussels and potatoes! And with the mustard/rosemary/balsamic glaze, I bet these are amazing!!
Cathleen @ A Taste of Madness
I totally agree with you about the weather! I never know what to wear in the mornings :p
This sounds like the perfect combo! I have always made them separately, but it is so much easier doing them together!
I love roasted Brussels sprouts! They develop such a nice sweetness when roasted slowly and the balsamic and honey are such a nice addition to really boost that natural sweetness! This would go so well with roast chicken! Thanks for sharing!
This dish looks so good, I love the combination of flavors of balsamic vinegar and mustard. Can't wait to try!