This maple balsamic brussels sprouts and potatoes recipe is oven roasted side dish perfection. The brussels and potatoes are tossed in a mixture of maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, stoneground mustard, and olive oil.
Easy side dish alert! Featuring my very favorite vegetable – brussels sprouts – and another favorite food – potatoes. Maple balsamic brussels sprouts and potatoes. Sounds AMAZING, right?
After polling you guys on Instagram late in December, I realized you wanted 2 things in 2018: more meal prep recipes and more side dish recipes like this one.
This recipe checks both of those boxes plus:
- It’s an ideal side dish for regular weeknight dinners, special occasions, and holidays
- It’s great for adding to meal prep with quinoa or rice and your favorite protein
- The balsamic, maple syrup, and mustard combo is HEAVENLY on brussels sprouts and potatoes
- It’s oven roasted, which means you hardly have to pay any attention to it while it’s cooking
I’m especially loving oven roasted dishes like this lately because they warm up our kitchen, which means a warmer house overall because it’s a snug little place. And warm is good because winter has finally arrived in Colorado Springs. Or at least it’s arrived temporarily?
IDK. It was 65 on Sunday and it snowed on Monday. It’s 5 degrees currently so we might as well be living in Antarctica. PS – I’m just being dramatic because we’ve been spoiled with an blissfully mild winter here this year so far.
Wherever you are, I hope you’re staying warm and eating good food. 😘 When you make this recipe (or any other recipe from the blog) share it and tag us on Instagram!Print
Maple Balsamic Brussels Sprouts and Potatoes
This honey balsamic brussels sprouts and potatoes recipe is oven roasted side dish perfection. The brussels and potatoes are tossed in a mixture of maple, balsamic vinegar, stoneground mustard, and olive oil.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6-8 as a side 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- 4 cups brussels sprouts, halved
- 4 cups potatoes, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons stoneground mustard
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Prepare sprouts and potatoes. Chop the stem off the brussels sprouts and remove outer leaves. Chop in half and rinse thoroughly. Set aside to dry. Chop potatoes to the same size as brussels sprout halves.
- Preheat oven to 375º and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Spread brussels sprouts on one sheet and potatoes on the other.
- Whisk together balsamic, mustard, olive oil, maple syrup, herbs, pepper, and salt. Pour half over the brussels sprouts and half over the potatoes. Mix them up to coat evenly.
- Place the potatoes in the oven and bake 10 minutes. After 10 minutes have passed, add brussels sprouts and cook 30-40 minutes until everything is tender.