Enough fighting the inevitable; it’s officially fall. I mean, it’s not really official until September 22nd, but fall is definitely here. And no amount of kicking and screaming can change that fact. Fruit salad certainly doesn’t seem like the most logical way to welcome fall, but in my defense, we made this a few weeks ago and just haven’t had a chance to post it. That’s what happens when you make 2-4 recipes per weekend and they’re all pretty awesome. Food bloggin’ ain’t easy, people.
Now, let’s get to the point of this post. This colorful little bowl combines a mouthwatering mixture of flavors that launches it from boring traditional fruit salad and into foodie-land. Lime is the ingredient that brings it all together.
We also used what was left of the raspberry infused sugar that grandmother dearest sent us a while back. It was just the right touch for our muffins, so why not see what it can do for fruit salad? It can amplify the flavors, that’s what.
Mango Fruit Salad
Gluten-Free, Vegan, Dairy-Free
- Yield: 3 1x
- 2 ripe mangoes [peel removed and diced]
- 1 c. fresh blueberries
- 2 gold kiwis [peel removed and diced]
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. sugar [we used raspberry-infused sugar]
- fresh raspberries for garnish
- fresh basil for garnish
- 1. Wash and prepare the fruit as specified above.
- 2. Add mango and kiwi to a medium bowl.
- 3. In a separate bowl, juice 2 limes and add sugar, then mix until the sugar dissolves.
- 4. Pour the mixture over the mango and kiwi and stir together.
- 5. Refrigerate the bowl for 20 or more minutes, fold in the blueberries, then serve.
- Calories: 677
- Sugar: 144
- Sodium: 18
- Fat: 4
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 2
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 170
- Protein: 8
- Cholesterol: 0