This 15 minute Instant Pot vegan chili recipe is made with simple pantry ingredients for an incredibly quick meal. Altogether, this recipe takes less than 15 minutes to make and it all comes together in the Instant Pot for easy cleanup.
This freaky-fast and crazy-good chili is the first Instant Pot recipe I’ve shared. Because apparently, I’ve been living under a rock. But I’m here. I’ve arrived to the Instant Pot party and I’m never leaving. After the first time we used it, we put our rice cooker and crockpot up for sale. Don’t need ’em anymore. The Instant Pot does the job of both devices, plus about 10 others. For all my small kitchen peeps out there (hi, same. 🙋), this thing is a necessity.
Now that I’ve concluded my love letter to the Instant Pot, let’s talk about this chili. In the planning stages, this was originally going to be a “Mexican Lasagna Soup.” But that’s not really how it turned out. The more we played with the recipe, the more it tasted, looked, and smelled like chili. I was craving chili and the heart wants what it wants. So this became a glorious, crazy simple Instant Pot chili recipe that takes 15 MINUTES to make.
How is that possible? Well, first, we sauté the onion in the Instant Pot. Then we add everything else into the pot and cook for 3 minutes. Then, we just release the pressure and let rest for 10 minutes. That’s it. That’s the entire process.
What this chili lacks in prep, cook, and cleanup time, it makes up for in the flavor department. Loaded with smoky spice, beans and tomato goodness, and big bites of noodle – all things that I’d bet you already have in your pantry. Could this recipe be any easier? Any more weeknight friendly? I think not.
Don’t even bother asking what took me so long to get on this Instant Pot bandwagon. Just welcome me to the club and tell me your favorite things to cook with this magical device. Ok? Ok. Also, make this recipe in your Instant Pot and tell me what you think.Print
15 Minute Instant Pot Vegan Chili
- 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can sweet corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (add more if desired)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 6 oz. lasagna noodles, broken into smaller pieces*
- Heat olive oil in the Instant Pot on sauté mode. Once it says “hot,” add onion and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add black beans, corn, tomato paste, taco seasoning, salt. Stir to combine well.
- Add tomato sauce, canned tomatoes, broth, and lasagna noodles. (Don’t forget to break up your noodles prior to adding them!) Stir and submerge lasagna noodles.
- Close the lid and set to pressure cook on manual-high for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, release the pressure valve and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Open carefully and give the soup a stir. Serve and enjoy!