This vegan pasta salad recipe couldn’t be easier! Prep the veggies and dressing while the pasta boils and mix it altogether. It’s great served cold or hot!
Close enough to overflowing shelves of fresh asparagus. Close enough to eating on the patio. Close enough to packing away heavy coats and sweaters. Close enough to breaking out the white wine. Close enough to light, refreshing meals like this one.
This pasta salad is like spring in a bowl – Crunchy arugula, bright and tangy olives, sweet red onion and cherry tomatoes – and adorable pasta bowties. Yep, I said it. Pasta can be cute. 💁 The light, balsamic dressing is what brings it all together in perfect harmony. I can’t resist a good homemade balsamic.
I love to keep this kind of food stocked in the fridge for any and all hunger situations. Lunch? Done. Snack? Sure. Heated up for dinner? Yes, please. Easy enough for every day and pretty enough to serve at parties and cookouts. (Psst… if it’s almost spring then that also means it’s almost grilling season! 😍) Am I rushing things?
The best thing about this recipe (aside from the fact that it is pasta), is that you can have it done in the time it takes to make pasta. So, if you prep your vegetables and dressing while it boils, the whole dish is done in under 15 minutes. BOOM.
- Serves: 8
- Calories: 197
- Fat: 7.7 g
- Saturated fat: 1.1 g
- Unsaturated fat: 6.6 g
- Trans fat: 0.0 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.2 g
- Sugar: 5.3 g
- Sodium: 279.3 mg
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 4.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
- 2 cups farfelle pasta + water for boiling
- 2 cloves garlic, minced*
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces asparagus, chopped into 1" pieces
- ½ cup red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup kalamata olives (pitted!)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Boil pasta until al dente. While pasta is boiling, add olive oil to a small skillet and heat to medium. Sauté garlic until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. Drain the pasta and allow it to cool.
- Add dressing ingredients to a mason jar and shake vigorously to combine. (I like to make the dressing in a mason jar for easy cleanup!)
- In a large bowl, add cooled pasta, asparagus, red onion, tomatoes, and olives. Pour the dressing over top and stir to combine.
- Serve cold, or heat it up on the stovetop for dinner!
*The sautéed garlic is optional. I happen to L-O-V-E garlic, but if you want to omit it? The salad is still delicious. ;)