This quinoa mushroom meatballs recipe makes delicious, hearty vegan meatballs. These are perfect for serving over pasta, veggie noodles, sautéed veggies, or as a quick snack.
Vegan meatballs. Meatballs. With no meat. Say what?! YUP. We’re doing it and we’re doing it right.
How does this work without meat, you ask? Simple! We combine quinoa with sautéed mushrooms, onions, and garlic. Then we add all of the seasonings that make these meatballs taste magical. Then we stir it all together, roll it into meatballs, bake them, and enjoyyyyy.
All that you really need to know is that these vegan meatballs taste freaking incredible. At the risk of sounding ridiculous, these actually taste like real meatballs. The texture of the mushrooms combined with all of the savory flavors… it just WORKS. Trust me.
There are so many different ways to enjoy these meatballs. Make a batch of them and serve pasta, or veggie noodles, or meal prepped with some veggies. They’re just as delicious when reheated out of the fridge and they freeze well, too.
You’re gonna make these vegan meatballs ASAP, right? Obviously. And you’re gonna post a picture of them on Instagram so I can share it on our stories, right? Thought so.
Vegan Quinoa Mushroom Meatballs
This vegan quinoa mushroom meatballs recipe makes delicious, hearty vegan meatballs. These are perfect for serving over pasta, veggie noodles, sautéed veggies, or as a quick snack.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 16 meatballs
- Category: Main Dish
- 1 ¼ cup cooked quinoa, divided
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 8 oz. container bella mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large skillet, bring 2 tablespoons of oil to medium heat. Add onion and saute 5 minutes until soft and translucent. Add garlic and mushrooms. Saute 5-8 minutes until the mushrooms are tender (don’t overcook to the point where they’re soggy!) Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Add the quinoa and the mushroom + onion + garlic mixture to a food processor. Pulse until well combined. The mixture should resemble a rough paste. Empty into a bowl.
- Add oat flour, remaining ¼ cup of quinoa, Italian herb seasoning, red pepper flakes, nutritional yeast, tamari, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Create your meatballs! Scoop the mixture out 1 tablespoon at a time, then roll into balls and place onto the baking sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes, then serve as desired!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 51
- Sodium: 124 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g
Keywords: meatballs, mushrooms, quinoa, vegan, gluten free, healthy, meal prep, dinner